Coloradan Jake Staiano opens with bogey-free 68 in second stage of Korn Ferry Q-school
By Gary Baines – 10/19/2021
Jake Staiano of Englewood, winner of the 2021 Sinclair Rocky Mountain Open, shot a 3-under-par 68 on Tuesday and shares fourth place after the opening round of the crucial second stage of Korn Ferry Tour Q-school.
Staiano, a former CGA Player of the Year competing in the second stage tournament in Albuquerque, N.M., made three birdies in his bogey-free round.
Joining him in the top 20 after Tuesday were former Colorado School of Mines golfer George Markham (70, 13th place) and fellow former CGA Player of the Year Kyler Dunkle (71, 20th place).
The top 19 finishers and ties after four rounds will advance to the final stage of Q-school, set for Nov. 4-7 in Savannah, Ga. All players who make it to final stage will earn at least conditional status on the Korn Ferry Tour in 2021.
Albuquerque is one of three second-stage tournaments this week in which players with strong Colorado connections are competing. Here are the results of all of the locals:
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (Top 19 Finishers & Ties After 72 Holes Advance to Final Stage)
4. Jake Staiano of Englewood 68
13. Former Colorado School of Mines golfer George Markham 70
20. Former Coloradan Kyler Dunkle 71
28. Former Coloradan Gunner Wiebe 72
40. Former Coloradan Kyle Westmoreland 73
MURRIETA, CALIF. (Top 19 Finishers & Ties After 72 Holes Advance to Final Stage)
28. Chris Korte of Littleton 71
54. Former DU golfer Chris Gilman 74
60. Former Coloradan Matthew Liringis 75
PLANTATION, FLA. (Top 20 Finishers & Ties After 72 Holes Advance to Final Stage)
59. Former Coloradan Andy Svoboda 73
For all the results from KFT Q-school, CLICK HERE.