This page was created as a resource for golf course operators during the Covid-19 Emergency. The mission of the Colorado Golf Coalition is to serve as a clearing house for the industry by serving, sharing and stewarding for the advance of golf. During these unsettling times, the Colorado Golf Coalition has been MEETING REGULARLY to keep the lines of communication open between our four governing bodies.
- We DO NOT speak for individual golf courses, their owners or their constituents.
- We BELIEVE that golf contributes to the beauty, environmental stewardship, mental and physical well being and economic health of the state and its citizens.
- We UNDERSTAND that many golfers, owners and operators are frustrated by not being able to get out to enjoy our great game.
- We SHARE the economic concern of our courses, clubs and facilities whose livelihoods depend on the game of golf.
- We RECOGNIZE that NOTHING is bigger than public health and safety.
- We FULLY SUPPORT the Stay at Home Order issued by the State of Colorado on Thursday, March 26, 2020.
- We THANK Governor Polis (READ LETTER) and his administration for allowing golf course maintenance to continue during this time (see link below which clarifies the Order as it relates to golf maintenance).
- We COMMIT to updating this page on a REGULAR BASIS during the Covid-19 crisis as a current, reliable and factual resource to our governing officials, our industry and to all those who care about the game of golf.
LATEST GOLF NEWS ON COVID-19
- VIDEO SERIES: Covid-19 and Golf: Playing it Safe – CLICK HERE
- 05/01 – Golf Channel: Symetra Tour player Sarah Hoffman swaps sticks for scrubs – CLICK HERE
- 04/24 – Golf Digest: Flagsticks, handshakes and masks: Infectious disease experts clarify coronavirus risks, say golf ranks as one of the ‘safest sports’ – CLICK HERE
- 04/20 – Denverite: Denver will reopen public golf courses Wednesday (04/23) – CLICK HERE
- 04/13 – Parker Chronicle: Some golf courses doing brisk business in Denver metro area – CLICK HERE
- 04/10 – Colorado Sun: Coronavirus shut down many golf courses. But some stayed open by tweaking traditions. – CLICK HERE
- 04/06 – Colorado AvidGolfer: Returning to the golf course amid a pandemic – CLICK HERE
- 04/05 – Colorado AvidGolfer: Golf in the Time of Covid-19 – CLICK HERE
- 04/02 – 9NEWS: Why golf courses are open during Covid-19-Pandemic – CLICK HERE
- 04/01 – Denver Channel: Are Colorado golf courses essential? – CLICK HERE
- 04/01 – Denver Post: Is golf allowed amid Colorado coronavirus stay-at-home orders? – CLICK HERE
- 03/29 – North Carolina: Golf combats coronavirus concerns by continuing operations – CLICK HERE
- 03/28 – Golfweek: Playing golf during coronavirus crisis – CLICK HERE
- 03/27 – Pennsylvania takes steps to close two remaining open courses – CLICK HERE
- 03/26 – Cedar Rapids KCRG Television Report – CLICK HERE
- 03/26 – Larimer County, Colorado Golf Courses Open – CLICK HERE
- 03/26 – Rochester, N.Y. Area Courses Open – CLICK HERE
- 03/26 – Tampa Bay, Florida Golf Course Policies – CLICK HERE
- 03/26 – Connecticut Courses Reopen – CLICK HERE
- 03/25 – New Jersey, Should Golf Be Treated Differently? – CLICK HERE
- National Golf Foundation (NGF) COVID-19 Update – CLICK HERE
- Coalition Thank You Letter to Governor Polis – March 28, 2020 – READ
- USGA Report – What Happens When You Don’t Maintain a Golf Course – CLICK HERE
- RMGCSA Clarification Letter on Golf Maintenance – March 26, 2020 – DOWNLOAD
- RMGCSA Letter to Governor – March 22, 2020 – DOWNLOAD
- GCSAA COVID-19 Resource Center – CLICK HERE
- Flagsticks, handshakes and masks: Infectious disease experts clarify coronavirus risks – CLICK HERE
- Tri-County Health – Provisional Guidance for Golf Courses – DOWNLOAD
- Sample letter on allowing maintenance crews to travel to work – March 26, 2020 – DOWNLOAD
STATE OF COLORADO COVID-19 RESOURCES
- Colorado Covid-19 Business Resource Center – CLICK HERE
- Colorado Small Business DC: COVID-19 Response Resources – CLICK HERE
- Colorado Counties Coronavirus Information – CLICK HERE
FEDERAL RELIEF AND SBA LOAN INFORMATION
- U.S. Dept. of Labor – Families First: Coronavirus Response Act Q & A – CLICK HERE
- U.S. Dept. of Labor – Families First Coronavirus Response Act Notice – CLICK HERE
- U.S. Dept. of Labor – Families First Coronavirus Response Act Poster – CLICK HERE
- U.S. Small Business Disaster Assistance – CLICK HERE
The Colorado Golf Coalition is represented by the Colorado Section of the PGA, the Colorado Golf Association, the Mile High Chapter of the Club Managers Association of America and the Rocky Mountain Golf Course Superintendents Association.