Chime in of the Netflix series that has golfers talking. You could win a Gift Certificate to PGA TOUR Superstore!
By Ed Mate, Executive Director
I don’t know about you, but…WILL THIS WINTER EVER END???!!! As a native Coloradoan, I cannot remember a year when there was such a long stretch without any opportunity to play golf. Winter golf is never great, but it sure would be nice to get out to chase the ball around on a 60-degree day—even with the goose poop!
Well, since we can’t play golf, we can do the next best thing—watch golf! And thanks to the Netflix Documentary Series, Full Swing, we have had more to watch and even more to talk about. Is Brooks Koepka sympathetic or simply arrogant? Is there a nicer human being on the planet than Tony Finau? How can Joel Dahmen play serious golf when he doesn’t seem to take anything seriously? Does an orange shirt pair well with olive green pants? So that’s what traveling on a private jet looks like!
If you haven’t watched Full Swing, I highly encourage you to do so…but only if you have a group of fellow golf-enthusiasts (or even better, non-golf-enthusiasts) to discuss it with. Now that the pandemic is behind us, the staff at the CGA is back working in the office on a much more regular basis. All the Zoom in the world cannot replace the camaraderie of the workplace. As you would expect, 90% of the conversation at the CGA office revolves around the game of golf—it is our work after all. But Full Swing has provided great fodder for the proverbial water cooler discussions.
If you don’t have an outlet for your thoughts on Full Swing, you are in luck. For those that have pent-up “takes” on the series, I am conducting a contest/experiment to test how many people actually read my monthly musings. Rather than posting your thoughts on Twitter (and risking public humiliation) simply EMAIL ME (Subject line: CGA Full Swing Thoughts) with your answers on the following ten questions. The most creative response will receive a $50 gift Certificate to PGA TOUR Superstore!
- Should Ian Poulter be considered to someday captain a European Ryder Cup team?
- Did the series change your opinion of Collin Morikawa? If yes, for better or for worse?
- Will Brooks Koepka someday win another major?
- Who had the most to lose by joining LIV?
- Will a LIV player win a major in 2023? If yes, which player?
- Will LIV players ever be reinstated on the PGA Tour?
- Should an exception be made to the PGA Tour ban of LIV players to allow Cam Smith to defend his title in the Players Championship?
- Who would you like to see in Season 2?
- Will Sahith Theegala win a PGA Tour event in 2023?
- Will Full Swing create more interest in golf?