The Colorado Golf Foundation provides funding for Colorado-based golf organizations and programs that use golf to build important life skills and character, with an emphasis on instilling hard work and self-reliance in young people.
Board of Directors
- Jim Bunch, Chairman
- Christie Austin
- Janene Guzowski
- Phil Lane
- Will Nicholson III
- Norton Rainey Jr.
- Keith Schneider
- Geoff Solich
Areas of Impact
Junior Player Development
The Foundation supports programs that develop future generations of golfers – everything from basic introduction to the game through its support of Colorado chapters of The First Tee. To supporting financial aid scholarships in the Junior Golf Alliance of Colorado to provide assistance for kids to participate in JGAC events.
– More than 15,000 kids annually participating in The First Tee programs in Colorado
– 8 Division I Scholarship Recipients or Commitments.
The Foundation believes that caddying instills the life skills and quality of character that build self-reliance in young people. The Foundation is achieving this through its support of the Solich Caddie & Leadership Academy, the annual Caddie Summit and grants to other caddie programs throughout the state including The Green Valley Ranch chapter of The First Tee.
– 150+ Caddies in Academy since 2012
– 19 Solich Caddies received Evans Scholarship
– Nearly 5,000 Completed Loops
The Foundation supports non-profits who wish to introduce golf to those who may not otherwise have a chance to benefit from all this great game has to offer such as the Colorado PGA Golf In Schools Programand the Community and Wellness Programs of the Colorado Golf Association. Through community partnerships we create an environment where kids have fun while developing skills that build self-esteem and reinforce ideals like honesty and fair play.
– 10,000 kids annually participating in the Colorado PGA’s Golf in Schools Program.
– 1,000 kids annually receiving access to the CGA’s CommonGround Golf Course.
– Inclusive golf programs include adults & children with disabilities as well as low-income youth in the Aurora and Denver areas surrounding CommonGround.
– Past Partners Include: Cherry Creek & Aurora Special Olympics, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Girl Scouts and Denver Boy Scouts, Aurora Veterans